Elizabeth Cook, marketing expert and curator of all things classically chic, shares the best dining and thrifting destinations in Palm Beach.
Field of Greens
- One of my favorite discoveries on our recent trip. If I could, I would have eaten here every day! It is a great fast casual restaurant that is ideal for shoppers on-the-go between stores. The restaurant has locations in both West Palm and on Palm Beach Island.
- West Palm: 412 N Clematis St, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Palm Beach: 261 Royal Poinciana Way,Palm Beach, Fl, 33480
- Pura Vida
- Another great fast-casual lunch option located in West Palm. The bright and airy indoor-outdoor restaurant was created by an ambitious husband / wife team that offers up healthy wraps, bowls, and juices.
- 460 S Rosemary Ave, West Palm Beach, FL
- Le Bilboquet
- Recently opened and full of beautiful people watching!
- 245 Worth Avenue, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- The Seafood Bar at The Breakers
- The Seafood Bar is the only public oceanfront restaurant on Palm Beach Island. The food is fantastic and the ambiance is top notch. If you’re not staying at the hotel, it is a fun way to see it and I’d recommend hitting the nearby HMF bar for a nightcap post-dinner.
- 1 South County Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- The Colony Swifts by the Pool
- We loved drinks and dinner by the pool at The Colony. It is a lively atmosphere with strong beverages and live music on select nights throughout the week. On your way to the pool, be sure to check-out the newly redesigned lobby by Palm Beach great – Celerie Kemble- featuring a fresh and fun De Gournay wallpaper.
- 155 Hammon Avenue, Palm Beach, FL
- A dinner hot-spot on Palm Beach Island with a recently nominated James Beard award-winning chef, Clay Conley.
- 350 South County Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Café Boulud at the Brazilian Court
- A fancy option for a romantic dinner out or pre or post meal cocktails. At night, the courtyard lights up and dinner becomes quite the scene. I hear Cafe Boulud is famous for their orchid martinis and Sunday brunch as well!
- 301 Australian Avenue, Palm Beach, FL
- Pizza Al Fresco
- A fun and pretty outdoor courtyard, surrounded by beautiful architecture, and of course fresh great traditional pizza from a wood burning brick oven. What’s not more to love?! Plus, the prices are more reasonable than other nearby dining options.
- 14 Via Mizner, Palm Beach FL 33480
- A high-end indoor / outdoor Italian Restaurant nestled off a side street on Worth Avenue. We had drinks here and had the very best time! The nicest and most chic people sat around us and the waiter even made me a mean mocktail.
- 87 Via Mizner, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- La Goulue
- A relatively new restaurant to Palm Beach with upscale, intimate dining. I used to visit their NYC location while I lived there and always enjoyed my meals while I was there.
- 288 S County Road, Palm Beach, FL 33480
SHOPPING on Palm Beach Island
- 312 South Country Road, Palm Beach, FL
- Mary Mahoney
- The tabletop emporium sells the prettiest porcelain plates from brands like Alberto Pinto and Richard Ginori and fine embroidered linens from Julia B. and Kim Seybert.
- 336 Worth Avenue, Palm Beach, FL
- The Church Mouse
- Palm Beach’s beloved thrift store, the Church Mouse is a must-visit for stylish PBers like Celerie Kemble and Aerin Lauder. In business since 1972, everything is donated by the island’s chic locals and sales benefit the Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea.
- 374 South County Road, Palm Beach, FL
SHOPPING in West Palm
Depending on your mood, start off on West Palm Beach’s famed Antique Row that houses more than 40 galleries and shops, beginning near Belvedere Road and following Dixie south to Southern Boulevard. A few of my favorite stops on Antique Row are: Todd Hase Furniture, Paula Roemer Antiques, James & Jeffrey Antiques, and Newly New Thrift Shop. My recommendation is to park at one of the stops, wear comfortable shoes, and bounce in from place to place!
- 5400 S Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach, FL 33405
- 5400 S Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach, FL 33405
- Circa Who is a resale shop from mid-century modern to Hollywood regency meets vintage Palm Beach. The eccentric and charismatic shop owner is a total go-getter. Upon seeing fast sales of any Mario T. piece in the store, he flew to Mexico where he convinced Mario and his family to set-up an adjacent pop-up space within the store.
- 531 Northwood Road West Palm Beach
Devonshire Palm Beach
- Next to Kofski’s Antiques, Devonshire, is home to the most unique garden ornaments, urns, and objects.
- 4515 Georgia Avenue, West-Palm Beach, FL 33405
- Kofski Antiques
- During the season, people line up around the block for Kofski Antiques’ famous tag sales; during the summer, Kofski opens its marketplace on weekends to sell furniture and accessories. Martha Stewart is a fan and often seen in these Saturday in-season estate sale lines.
- Kofski’s recently developed a “shop now” option of selecting pieces via their website, here.
- 5501 Georgia Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 3340
- Salvation Army
- 655 N Military Trl West Palm Beach, FL 33415
- World Thrift
- Next door on N Military is off the beaten path but has a cluster of thrift stores. You never know what you will find!
- 2425 N Dixie Hwy, Lake Worth, FL 33460
Community Thrift Shop
- If you’re looking for some of the best deals in town, you’ll find them here. It is very much a treasure trove but have often found rolls of designer fabric for a steal alongside smaller, attractive, misc. home decor accessories.
- 6658 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL
- Lord’s Place Thrift Shop
- Palm Beach ladies love to support – and donate – to this shop in West Palm Beach’s south end. Also, a great benefit offered by the Lord’s Place is the employment training opportunities for homeless program participants.
- Lord’s Place: 7600 South Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, FL
- You’ll find high-end designer clothing, handbags, shoes, furniture, jewelry and other items at this popular store in West Palm Beach. And on certain days, all the furniture in the back room is 50 percent off! The proceeds of purchases at Nearly New benefit the seniors served by the programs of MorseLife Health System. Of note, any consignment store that benefits a non-profit ALWAYS has better pricing!
- 3611 S. Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach, FL
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Need a new old sink, sofa or stove? Habitat for Humanity has several Palm Beach County stores stuffed with leftover construction materials or the furniture from a luxury hotel such as Eau Palm Beach.
- There are several Resale Shops in the county stuffed with designer goods, great furniture, housewares, vintage jewelry and much more.
- 6831 N Military Trl, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
- 4639 Lake Worth Rd, Greenacres, FL 33463
- Palm Beach Bicycle
- PB Bicycle offers a large selection of wheels for rent. I would recommend hitting the lake trail so you can see all the beautiful homes.
- 223 Sunrise Avenue, Palm Beach, FL
Design Books To Love
A Fresh Perspective on Traditonal Design
Explore our exclusively curated Directory of designers, architects, landscape designers and more to help you create the home of your dreams.